Formed in 2001, Milskil is an Australian-owned Professional Services Provider delivering a diverse, but niche portfolio of integrated solutions that develop, support and fast-track operational capabilities on behalf of Military, Government and Commercial clients.
Our success is underpinned by the provision of independent, results-focused solutions that translate into tangibly high-value effects-based outcomes for our clients. We achieve this by leveraging the collective knowledge and experience resident within our team of specialists.
We are exceptionally proud of our military heritage and believe that our operational and training credentials are second-to-none. Whether a military, government or commercial context, this means that our team has the skills and experience to seamlessly integrate into and provide training solutions, consultancy and specialist advice at the tactical, operational and strategic levels of any operationally-focused activity.
Milskil’s personnel are drawn from the leading edge of the military’s operational war fighting fraternity and are each highly qualified, experienced and respected within their domain. They are master tacticians, strategists and trainers who have had to routinely draw on multi-source intelligence, as well as rapidly develop and sustain high-levels of situational awareness.
Our military service offering ranges from specialist ab-initio training through to advanced post-graduate training initiatives, capability development and capability management, through to in-theatre operations support.
For our Non Military clientèle, we apply the same world-class operational credentials to achieve our renowned high-value outcomes, but do so in a tailored context, speaking their language that is suitable to their environment.
Our Core Business Values are encapsulated by three elements:
Qualified, Experienced and Respected.
In our context, these values represent the following:
Operations: is our heritage
All Milskil employees are experienced in high-end military and para-military operations. These roles are typically the best of the best: master tacticians and strategists who routinely draw on multi-source intelligence, rapidly develop and sustain high-levels of situational awareness, and take decisive action to deliver combat effects.
Operations: is what we do
We believe our operational skills to be a valuable discriminator that empowers us individually and organisationally to help identify, enable and achieve operational outcomes for all of our clients. We invite you to peruse our website, but please understand that due to the sensitive nature of these activities, we are unable to delve into detail.
Milskil has been an integral partner of the Australian Air Combat Group operational capability for over 15 years. Milskil has, and continues to provide:
- Fighter Aircrew and Operational training instruction for all F/A-18A and F/A-18F Aircrew, in ground school and simulator training
- Direct support to Flight Simulator Qualification and Accreditation
- Development and delivery of turn-key Air Combat training systems for customers ranging from Lead-In Fighter training to Fighter Weapons Course
- Support to high-end Electronic Warfare training, using range and stimulator systems in the field
Milskil supports Surveillance and Response Group through delivery of integrated simulation training to Air Battle Managers operating in complex Command and Control systems and Joint Services training domains.
- Development and delivery of Air Battle Management training and simulation systems
- Ab-initio to advanced post graduate level training
- Complex mission rehearsal scenario design and execution
- Instruction and mentoring for senior operations management personnel
Milskil’s operational expertise extends to the Design, Development and Execution of high-end warfighter training in the synthetic environment. Milskil provides Exercise Coordination and Opposing Forces services to deliver operationally-relevant training scenarios. This enables students to develop dynamic decision making skills within a range of operating domains. Milskil supports large scale exercises in key-integrated positions in Single, Joint and Multi-National exercises.
Milskil provides specialist consultancy, training and capability management support services in support of:
- Defence Science and Technology Group
- Capability and Sustainment Group
- Fire & Emergency Management Agencies
There is no doubt that a career with Milskil demands exceptional qualifications and experience, but these attributes, in isolation, are not the panacea. Our specialists require well-developed lateral-thinking skills as well as stakeholder liaison skills.
If you are interested in proceeding further, we invite you to provide an ‘expression of interest’ outlining why you believe that you have what it takes to join our team of specialists.Expression of Interest
Information for Overseas Candidates
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
THE MEN IN BLACK SKIES
The skills and expertise of Milskil Instructors were again on show at the recent Exercise Black Skies 16 held at RAAF Base....More
Air Combat Training Contract
The Minister for Defence Industry, the Hon Christopher Pyne MP, yesterday announced an extension to the Air Combat Training...More
Hornet Simulator Upgrade
Milskil have been proudly providing training support to the Royal Australian Air Force’s No. 81 Wing Classic Hornet aircrew for 15 years...More
If you wish to be contacted by a Milskil representative please provide your details below.
Enterprise Registered Training Organisation
Milskil Pty Ltd (RTO 91509)
Milskil is an Enterprise Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and was first registered in May 2009. Enterprise RTOs provide nationally recognised training to their staff only - not the general public.
Milskil provides staff the opportunity to undertake the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – TAE40110. Prospective students are trained by fully qualified trainers and assessors, and have access to excellent training facilities.
Staff who wish to take Milskil’s TAE40110 course should contact the Milskil RTO Manager for more information.
Milskil RTO Policies & Procedures
Legislation requires that Milskil’s RTO Complaints and Appeals procedures are publicly available and they have been reproduced here to assist prospective students (ie Milskil staff members and potential applicants).
Complaints & Appeals Procedures
If a participant is dissatisfied with an assessment result or concerned about some other aspect of the course e.g. Milskil RTO Manager, program content etc, Milskil will endeavour to remedy this situation through implementation of the following procedure:
- Participant requests a Grievance Record Sheet be given to them by Milskil.
- Participant completes and signs the form and returns to the Milskil office with both employer and participant signature.
- Milskil registers the receipt of this completed grievance form and returns copies of the completed record sheet to the participant.
- Milskil contacts participant to discuss the nature of the grievance with the intention to resolve the matter internally.
- Where the grievance cannot be resolved internally, an independent person or panel are sought to hear the appeal. Milskil makes arrangements for this independent hearing through appointed industry bodies.
- Participant formally presents their case to the appointed independent body, to elicit a resolution.
- Milskil provides written statement of the appeal outcomes (including reasons for decision) to participant. All procedural documentation is recorded and kept on file at Milskil’s Head Office.
- Participants have three weeks from the publication of assessment results to make an appeal against that particular result. Milskil acknowledges the personal nature of grievance procedures and therefore respects participant confidentiality and privacy. Milskil will uphold participant confidentiality and privacy at all times.
If the participant is still not satisfied, they may contact the National Training Regulator (ASQA) for more information at this link: